Code of Conduct (Youth Players)
We all have a responsibility to promote high standards of behaviour in the game.
As a player, you have a big part to play. That’s why The FA is asking every player to follow a Respect Code of Conduct.
When playing football, I will:
- Play fairly – I won’t cheat, complain or waste time.
- Respect my team-mates, the other team, the referee or my coach/manager.
- Play by the rules, as directed by the referee.
- Shake hands with the other team and referee at the end of the game.
- Listen and respond to what my coach/team manager tells me.
- Talk to someone I trust or the club welfare officer if I’m unhappy about anything at my club.
I understand that if I do not follow the Code, any/all of the following actions may be taken by my club, County FA or The FA.
- Be required to apologise to my team-mates, the other team, referee or team manager
- Receive a formal warning from the coach or the club committee
- Be dropped or substituted
- Be suspended from training
- Be required to leave the club.
- My club, County FA or The FA may make my parent or carer aware of any infringements of the Code of Conduct
- The FA/County FA could impose a fine and suspension against my club.